how I feel about travelling and spirituality related trips I've taken

                                                    
    When I visited the Basilica Of Our Lady of 
          San Juan del Valle. A nice picture taken by me of the ofrendas 
       from this time


I really really dislike travelling. I'll say it straight up. I love my house. My friends know I'd usually pick staying at home over anything. I try not to be so unbearable about it and try to visit my family every so often, but multiple days out in a row is a no-go. I think it has its own math equation, like for one day I go out, 2 days at home, 2 days I go out, 4 days at home; etc. All jokes aside, I really do relish in the moments I do go out. I try to live my days and keep my memories by snapping pictures when I think something is particularly remarkable, like a really nice garden, or a mural that I passed by. In this instance, I had come with my parents and grandparents on a long drive to San Juan, TX. I didn't expect much from that day if I'm honest. Though, me being really appealed to by sacred spaces just by these, it felt like that was what I was truly not ready for. I don't think I would have remembered this day had I not felt the beauty of it and tried to capture it through pictures like this. It had an effect on me because of how remarkable I found it. A lot of people doing the same thing as my family-- seeing such a grand Basilica for themselves, praying, possibly purchasing blessed Holy Water. It was such a grand place but the community's presence blew me away. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction...

Thoughts on art as a method of spiritual expression

a couple of reflections