beginnings and now

My Spiritual Journey begins pretty early in my life. I had a typical Catholic Mexican family, and went through all the steps like being baptized as a baby, and having my Communion in 2nd grade as apart of my schoolwork. It actually took up our class time! I was raised in the religion and surrounded by it for a really long time. I went to a small school as well so I had a lot of shelter around myself and my worldview.

                                                                me (2010) after my first communion!


I'll say this fact definitely shapes my current-day journey. A lot of my knowledge to this day is from when I was a kid in my mandatory religion classes at school. Then I kept going to religious schools for middle and high school, and since I'm here at this university, it's technically the only kind of school I have gone to! I am lucky I get to talk to and hear of many different kinds of experiences here. I'd say it's one of my favorite aspects of being at UIW, since everyone's pretty understanding of each other's respective places in their current journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction...

Thoughts on art as a method of spiritual expression

a couple of reflections